- Vapor Quality - 9.8/109.8/10
- Portability - 8.3/108.3/10
- Value - 9.5/109.5/10
If you’re a fan of concentrates, the Puffco Peak Smart Rig system may be on your radar. It’s got aesthetic appeal, but design is only one piece of the puzzle. With unique user heat settings, quick heat-up time and a user-friendly design, the Peak is a user favorite for concentrates.
What Makes the Puffco Peak Unique?
There’s a lot to love about the Peak system. The technology behind this vaporizer is what sets it apart from other portable vapes for concentrates. And the hand-blown glass features allow you to enjoy nothing but pure, rich flavor with each use.
Thermal-Banger Style Atomizer
The Peak uses a thermal-banger style atomizer for optimal heat performance. The atomizer is made without glues, coils, plastics or fibers to create the purest experience.
The atomizer contains a ceramic bowl, and it disassembles for thorough, easy cleaning.
Unique User Heat Settings
The Puffco Peak has four unique user heat settings, including sesh-mode. Sesh-mode lets you extend the session by 15 seconds, so you can share with friends. Just double-click after the unit is powered up to initiate sesh-mode. You can keep double-clicking to keep the session going.
The temperature settings include:
- Low: For smaller loads; 450F
- Medium: For medium loads: 500F
- High: For large loads; 550F
- Peak: For XL loads: 600F
Intelligent Temperature Calibration
The Peak comes equipped with intelligent temperature calibration. What this means is that the device will automatically adjust heat times if the bowl is still hot.
The temperature calibration provides a more enjoyable experience, and will adjust over time according to your use. Heat times will vary as time goes on, but you’ll get a more reliable, consistent experience.
Quick Heat-Up Time
With the Peak smart rig, you won’t be waiting around for your vaporizer to heat up. It takes just 20 seconds on average (25 seconds for the highest heat settings) for the unit to reach the desired temperature.
Compare that to the 3-minute heating and cooling times of other dab rigs. You’ll spend more time consuming – and enjoying – than waiting.
LED Light Band/Haptic Feedback
The unit features a discreet light band, which provides heat cycles and battery indicators when needed and conceals itself when it’s not.
With haptic feedback, your timing is always on point, so you get the perfect hit.
The Peak offers a fast charging time of just two hours when you use the supercharger. It has a long battery life, too – 30 dabs per charge.
Want to know how much battery life you have left? Just click the button three times, and the color will indicate the battery life:
- Green: 60-100%
- Yellow: 30-60%
- Red: 0-15%
The Peak is all about spending less time waiting and more time-consuming.
- Hand-blown glass
- 7” high x 2.75” base
- Water filtration
- Carrying case included
- Silicone base
- Removable ceramic bowl
Want to customize your Peak? Puffco offers a wide range of accessories for this unit, including:
- Ball cap & tether (color and clear options)
- Carb cap & tether (color and clear options)
- Glass stand (to keep your Peak glass safe and secure)
- Colored glass
- Travel pack
- Dab tool
- Bowl 3-pack
- Chargers and cords
One thing we really love about the Peak – and you will, too – are the colored glass options. The colors allow you to personalize your vaporizer, but it’s also a piece of art in its own right.
Puffco offers six color options (and these colors are also available for the ball cap and carb cap accessories):
- Leaf green
- Sunset yellow
- Royal blue
The borosilicate glass offers percolation water filtration, ensuring that you get a smooth hit every time.
The colored glass adds to the minimalistic appeal, and the blasted inner cone complements it well. Just snap it in and out of the base for easy use and cleaning.
And if you like to vape on-the-go, the travel pack accessory has you covered. It includes:
- Carb cap tether: to keep a lid on your material while it’s in transport.
- Backpack: to store your cotton swabs and dab tool.
- Atomizer cover: to complete the look.
- Splash cup: to keep the water from leaking or splashing.
The ball cap and tether accessory is different from the carb cap. It allows you to create directional airflow, so you can enjoy every last drop of oil by moving it around the bowl. The ball cap option also creates more vapor, so if you like bigger clouds, this may be a must-have accessory for you.
How to Use the Puffco Peak
The Peak comes with everything you need to start dabbing right away, including:
- Glass attachment
- Carb cap
- 2 x ceramic bowl
- Atomizer and atomizer cover
- Loading tool
- Cotton swabs
- USB cable
- AC adapter
- Cotton swabs
Just like its simple, minimalist design, the Peak is easy to use.
- Fully charge the base.
- Fill glass with water just above the air holes. Do not fill the glass while it’s attached to the base, and do not allow water into the lower section.
- On the front of the glass, there should be an inlet hole. Align the hole with the atomizer, and gently push the front of the glass into the base and then back.
- Hold down the button on the front of the base for three seconds to unlock the device. You can also hold down the button to lock the device.
- Single click to toggle through the heat settings: blue (low), green (medium), red (large), white (XL).
- Use the loading tool to fill the bottom surface of the bowl.
- Place the carb cap on top of the atomizer.
- Double-click the button to initiate the heat-up process. You can press and hold the button at any time to exit. A pulsing light means that the heat-up mode is active.
- The Peak will vibrate and the lights will flash three times when it’s ready for use.
- Use the included cotton swabs to clean the chamber after each use.
- Soak the carb cap and glass in isopropyl alcohol. Rinse with clean water after.
Puffco recommends cleaning the entire unit every 20 uses.
The Peak’s LED light system can tell you when something is wrong with the unit or you need to recharge.
- Multicolored light flashes: Poor or no connection between the atomizer and the base.
- Solid red light: Unit overheated
- 3 red flashes: low battery
- 5 light flashes: Short circuit
Where to Buy Puffco Peak
The Puffco Peak Smart Rig system is more than just a good-looking vaporizer; it delivers pure flavor. The experience is just as unique as its minimalistic design. It may not be as portable as other vaporizers, but it’s small enough to pack in your bag and go. For the quality and cool factor, it is certainly worthy of consideration.
But where can you buy one?
The best place to get the Peak is Vapor.com. Not only do you get free shipping, but orders are usually shipped the same day when placed M-F before 2:30pm. Vapor.com sometimes runs coupons and promotions to make the Peak even more affordable. And if you’re a new customer, you get $20 off your first order.
Portable, easy to use and beautiful to look at, the Puffco Peak is a great option for concentrates. It heats up quick, the battery is long-lasting, and it’s easy to take on-the-go.